Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's been awhile...

So it really has been too long and this is probably going to be a boring post because I am unprepared with pictures but I just wanted to try to get going on posting a little more! We have had a busy summer working hard and has been flying by and we are not loving that. Over the 4th we did a ton of fun stuff so here is a little update.
Friday we went and watched the USU fireworks. It was a blast because we got a bucket of chicken and just relaxed with our friends Brett and Faith and Mike and Kristen and their little boy Alex who is adorable. The only problem was that I had worked liked crazy that day on two weddings and so about two minutes into the fireworks, I fell asleep. As we all know, Andy is usually the one that falls asleep at the first sign of dark so it was quite interesting that the roles were reversed :)
Saturday morning, Andy woke up and went golfing with his Dad which he has wanted to do for months and I caught up on some much needed sleep. We met up with Andy's family and spent the rest of the day boating. I was so happy when Jen and Andy agreed to have a wild tube ride with me and we were all laughing so hard until we totally flipped and I ate it so hard! My face hit the water so hard I swear my eye balls were in the back of my head! Haha It was so fun to watch his little brothers water ski and his Dad wake board for the first time. He picked up on it so fast and was showing us all up before we knew it.
Sunday, we had my family over for a BBQ and some fireworks. Andy always told me he was a little pyro growing up but until I handed him a lighter I had never seen it first hand. He was officially 10 years old again. I was so excited to see my little niece Scarlette watch our fireworks but she did not react the way I thought. She was not loving them and just stayed snuggled up to Britt. My Mom stayed over that night and I just love having her around because I miss not having her really close.
Monday Andy headed to Bear Lake with the boys to work on the cabin and I headed to the Hyrum parade with Sheri and Kenz. I swear all anyone was throwing out was salt water taffy until... drum roll please... firehouse came by with phzookies! Kenz and I freaked out and couldn't believe they were handing them out so we ran right up and grabbed one. Apparently not everyone else was quite as excited. We looked like we were five years old. Haha Afterward we joined the boys in Bear Lake and had tin foil dinners and relaxed in the hot tub.

I think it's safe to say that the weekend was a blast and just what we needed. I love when we get to see both of our families and be with each other. I hope everyone had a safe, wonderful and fun-filled weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online