Sunday, January 16, 2011

Under the Sea

Yesterday we went down to the Aquarium in Sandy. Colby had been wanting to take Tayen there and we were all itching to get out and about so we loaded up and headed south! When we pulled up the aquarium, Andy was like uh this looks like a grocery store (truth be told I think it really used to be a grocery store) but once we got in there it actually turned out to be pretty cool :) Unfortunately my camera was taking craptastic pictures so sorry about the blurriness. I need a new camera DESPERATELY and my Mother in law's is fabulous so if you see me turning green with envy that would be why! haha
The husband and me! I told him there was an orb on his head in this picture hoping to freak him out and Andy's response: "What's an orb?" haha


 Andy and Colby jumped right in when it came to petting the sting rays! Tayten... not so much. Hey it's ok Tate, I was nervous too and let out a little scream once or twice before sucking it up and going for it!
Here is Kenzie touching the horseshoe crap which Tayten and I wanted nothing to do with! haha
We saw sea turtles, lobsters and... the octopus! I had a love-hate relationship with him. He was really gross and kinda freaky but really fascinating and cool at the same time.




This women who was apparently a seasoned veteran of the aquarium and some kind of octopus expert started yelling at Sheri and I for using our flash to take pictures of the octopus. I found it amusing that she was so concerned about flash photography yet she apparently has no problem paying to come and see an animal in captivity... oh the irony haha





Oh and did I mention we also went to South America yesterday? haha jk but there was a South American exhibit which had Paranas and stuff which was really fun to see except they had giant spiders there which really makes no sense to me because it was an aquarium for goodness sakes not a nightmare! Another fun thing was that we saw that CVE, which is the company Colby works for, and Wells Fargo, which is where I work, where sponsors of many of the exhibits! 

We finished up our day trip with a stop at MAC and Sephora (yum) and lunch at the cheescake factory (double yum). I have no pictures of the food because it was gone before I had the chance haha!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Steve and I went there a couple of years ago, it's a cool place!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online